Thursday, August 8, 2024

July 30, Catacombs!

 Hello! Today we left Valletta and went to Rabat and Mdina. I woke up late but everyone had pastilles for breakfast. When we got to Mdina we walked to Rabat to look at some catacomb. Apparently a class of kids got lost in them so that's sad. But the catacombs were very cool, they were used for burying, storing food, and storing livestock. They were very cool even though it was around 92 degrees outside.

There were three different types of catacombs, pagan ,christian, and jewish. The pagan tombs still had bodies so they were cool. The catacombs also were a bunch of trees growing around them, they had everything from almonds, to mulberries, to plums. 

After the catacomb we went to buy some traditional fig fritter biscuits. Then we went back to Mdina which had a bunch of people with like horse carriage downright speeding down the small streets. The city itself was very beautiful with desert views and a big church. The church had two clocks which told different times which according to Georgia was meant to keep Satan from coming to mass because he can’t tell what the right time is. 

At that point I wasn't feeling super good so we went home and I slept for the rest of the day. At around 6 Geo and papa came back and we went to an Asian fusion restaurant and got a bunch of things. It was the best food I had in Malta, because I have decided that I don’t like maltese food. 

I started feeling worse because it was still super hot out so I was dropped off at home to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment!