Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June 10th. BTInternet Service cancellation. Parts 2, 3, and 4. OMG!!

OK. So I called to BTInternet last week to cancel our service even though we are still alive. The last time we've agreed that although we are leaving on the 28th, BT only cancels service on the weekdays so the official last day will be the 30th. And following that they will send a cancellation letter with the final bill to the non-existent mailbox for no one to receive. That was their deal.

All good... but something was still nagging me. So I called back late last week and went through the usual "Are you dead yet?" routine with the automated answering system. Then I spoke with the rep regarding whether to return the equipment. 'Cause you can never be too sure when they will suddenly remember and start charging you for it ad infinitum. The rep cheerfully informed me that there is nothing to do about the equipment. "Like it is OK to throw it out?' I've asked. "Sure, anytime."

Then, a few days later, I got a letter stating that on account of the cancellation, box to deposit the equipment was dispatched. I am to put the equipment in the box and send it out or arrange a pick up to avoid the equipment charges.

So I called back again. After the death part there was the usual, "Not to worry" sequence. But they sensed a bit of discomfort and redirected me to another team. There, a girl informed me that for my convenience the box will be sent out on the 30th. I've countered that we will be out of the house on the 28th. She countered that they do not provide boxes with shipping labels until the account is closed. I've countered that we will be out of the house on the 28th. She said she is trying to be helpful so she will schedule for someone to come pick up the equipment on the 13th. I've countered that we will be out of the house on the 28th. We'd compromised on the 27th. Based on the fact that no one had shown up for the prior 3 house calls to fix the cable box, we'll be putting the equipment in the dumpster come June 28th. Or we will have to fight for it on the 13th.

Maybe they were onto something with the automated telephone system message?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment!