Hi. My name is Georgia Fishteyn. You may remember me from my blog in Vilnius, Lithuania 2017😀, and the same for Vilnius, Lithuania 2016 😛. Well, this year, we decided to change things up a bit and go to Poland. So here I am, writing this blog for you in our apartment here in Poland’s capital, Warsaw.
On June 27, at 3:00, we took a car ride with Mom to the Newark airport. Sadly, Mom did not accompany us to Poland this year. Anyway, Dad, Isabella and I got out and were in a massive hurry to get to our gate, C98. When we were done with all the passport control, security check and all that jazz, we got to a small table in our terminal, very close to our gate. Isabella and I were sent to investigate our dinner choices. We settled on homemade cheese pizza, and watched in awe as the skilled pizza makers made our pizza in a matter of seconds. But, this was not nearly as impressive as the speed at which Madame Isabella, Monsieur Daniil and Madame Georgia, the renowned magicians made the pizza disappear! After dinner, we went to our gate and waited, and waited, and waited and then, waited some more. Finally, we were let into our plane.
The flight was mostly uneventful, but I’ll tell you everything I did anyway. First, I watched a movie, then the flight attendants walked around with dinner. I don’t know why they call that dinner. So, I pretended to be asleep so the flight attendant would not bother me. Then, ice cream was passed around. It was okay. Yada, yada, yada. That was the most interesting stuff ever. When we finally landed, we were ushered out of the plane and sent to passport check. You know where we landed? You probably can’t guess. We landed in Berlin! Afterwards, we rented a car, which Dad had to drive for 6 hours to get to Warsaw.
There, it was only around 2:02 p.m. We looked for our apartment and ended up finding a really nice one. When we finally carried all our bags to our apartment, we set to organizing them; we couldn’t get to exploring the old city because Dad had a call he needed to make for work. Now, since Dad ended quickly, we got to exploring. First, we walked for about fifteen minutes to the old part of the city. After that, we got Soprano ice cream!!! So, we walked around, eating ice cream and looking for coffee shops where Dad could work on workdays. After we found five coffee shops, we decided to search for something to eat. We went to an all polish cuisine. I had polish pierogies, filled with potatoes, cottage cheese and sauerkraut, while Isabella had a salad and Dad had a sznitzel. My pierogies were amazing! After that, we walked home. Dad pointed out signs and we read them, because Polish is easy to read if you know Russian.
We were so tired when we got to our rented apartment, that we almost immediately went to bed. Isabella was so tired that she slept 12 hours! And that’s how this day went down in history, June 28, 2018.
Lovely first day!! So glad all the travels here ended well and the apartment is nice. Have fn!! Keep sharing. Sending grandparents out your way tonight.
ReplyDeleteVery funny! I can taste the pierogies.
ReplyDelete