Wednesday, June 26, 2024

June 18th, 2024 Our First Full Day in Vilnius (photos coming soon)

 Hello. I'm sure you missed me. My sister has been writing the last blog while I've been curating my goth persona.

Today is Picnic Day, International Splurge Day, and National Panic Day, also known as June 18, 2024. Here are some (not at all fun or whatever…) facts about June 18th:

  • On June 18, 2005, David Tennant first appeared on Doctor Who.

  • There are 196 days remaining in 2024.

  • On June 18, 2015, Pope Francis blamed global warming on “human selfishness.”

  • On June 18, 2009, NASA launched the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, the first American lunar mission in ten years.

  • On June 18, 1978, American serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer killed his first victim, Steven Mark Hicks.

  • On June 18, 1815, Napoleon was defeated at the Battle of Waterloo.

  • On June 18, 1928, Sir Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin, a life-saving antibiotic.

  • On June 18, 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of same-sex marriage, legalizing it nationwide.

Anyway, on to our ever-so-interesting lives.

Today, Mama and Georgia woke up at 6:30 AM to go for a run. Papa went to a cafe to work. When they both came back, we all went to meet Papa. We settled on Caffeine on Vokieciu. After 8, Papa and Mama went to Svegji Bandales and brought us pastries fit for King Charles's most royal dreams. God Bless the King.

Around 10, Mama and I went to the bazaar to buy berries. Shortly after we got back, Babushka came to visit, and we all went for a stroll. We got borscht, potatoes, and fish cutlets, then went our separate ways. Mama, Georgia, and I walked around to check which stores were still in business. We also stopped by the tourist center to see if there were any special parties we should try to get invited to.

After our walk, we returned to our morning caffeine spot. After working for basically the whole summer—or like two hours—Geo and I walked around and got Svegji Bandales again, obviously.

When we got home (and keep in mind this was like 4:20 PM, and we also had a call at 5), the door wouldn't open! I was so sad about having to walk more that I almost started crying. Then a cute boy opened the door and gave us the worst side-eye ever.

We finished our calls and walked with Papa to a new Ukrainian restaurant called Kyiv. My food didn't come. I don't know if anyone reading this remembers, but the last time we were in Vilnius, all my food was forgotten, inedible, or eaten by someone else for three days straight. Understandably, I started breaking down, which is today's common theme for me) when my food finally came. It was really good and totally worth it.

Geo and I walked home early, and Mama and Papa walked with the Lazauskas for a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment!