Thursday, June 27, 2024

June 22nd, Vilnius. Going to a Dacha

 Hello! I’m back! Today I am relieving my somewhat embarrassing secret deep part of myself. My complete dumb-dumb persona. (Did you think that I was going to actually be smart today cause of Einstein??) Yes, you heard it here first. Sometimes I’m a little dumb. (not stupid to clarify to any haters out there). Why am I doing this? Why? Wait, I forgot. Oh wait no, I remember! Everyone's a little dumb at times! 


Let’s get into our (well, probably my) favorite part of the blog. The fun facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Today is June 22nd. It is also National Kissing Day and National Onion Ring Day (which should not be on the same day!) My favorite topic (food) is National Chocolate Eclair Day and National Limoncello Day.


  • Today well in 1633, the Holy Office in Rome forced Galileo Galilei to recant his view that the Sun, not the Earth, is the center of the Universe. (that’s relieving because it was kinda embarrassing for him, everyone knows that Earth is the center of the galaxy, nay the universe. Also, it’s flat)

  • Happy birthday to Meryl Streep!!! Born in 1949. (may I just say I loved you in "The Devil Wears Prada.”)

  • In 1813, on June 22, the famous song "Yankee Doodle" was copyrighted by the 11th United States Infantry stationed in Boston during the War of 1812.

  • June 22 is National Pink Day in the United States. This day is dedicated to celebrating the color pink and its historical and cultural significance. (Yasssssssssssss)

  • June 22 - National Chocolate Milk Day in Ireland. Purely dedicated to the celebration of the delicious and refreshing beverage made by mixing milk and chocolate.


Ok, on to the important part.


Today, Georgia, papa, and Mama worked up early and went to some junk sale with Anique. (blah, musty things). I woke up at like 10 and we went to Iki with Babushka. They didn’t have tvorog, so it was plain bread for breakfast!!! I then tried to work on a 4ft by 1.5ft windowsill. Needless to say, I am not a cat so for an hour I tried to sit comfortably and got -5 assignments done.


At 11, I got a mysterious call and went to meet everyone and Kibinin. We had some tea. We walked back to Uzupis and got some bread, cheese, and beer. Coray and Dena met us there, and we walked around Uzupis. Babushka went to get a cake.


After walking around some cute stores in Uzupis Geo, I got tired, so we went home and rotted. In other words, I was brainless watching Office, and Geo was asleep. Babushka is made like leafy soup, though….


At 4 we all (cake included) and went to Babushka's friend's Olshevsky's dacha. There were a bunch of people there and there were four girls, all aged 5-8 and all blond. They were like best friends and it was so cute! Georgia and I play a getting-to-know-you game with some people there that includes surprisingly a lot of violence. (comment to learn more!!!)


The cake Babushka bought was bright green lime and people were just a tad scared to eat it. Geo and I had pavlova, which is like a creamy mascarpone, whipped cream meringue. It was crazy good.


We got home and went to sleep.


R.L. A few additional notes for background and memory sake. The dacha was Olshevsky's family's. Dan's childhood friend and former classmate, Vitalik, sadly passed away recently. His mom, two sisters with husbands, a wife, and all the kids were there. It was wonderful to see them but also heartbreaking with Vitalik's sudden and untimely death so recent.


On a more fun update, it was Coray's 54th birthday. He chose to start the celebrations by taking a canoe down the Neris River. with Dena, followed by a dinner at Peruvian and drinks at various establishments into the night. The pictures looked stunning - wish we were there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment!