Friday, July 28, 2017

The First Day - 7/27/2017

After a horrifyingly long series of flights which lasted 12 hours all together, Dad, Isabella and I came to our final destination, Lithuania. We came at about 22:20 but were delayed from coming to our cab, due to the a very stupid passport control. We had to drive from Kaunas to Vilnius one and a half hours. Thus, by that time, it was 12:30 and we were completely exhausted.

Anyway, about the day I was supposed to discuss, Thursday 27th, the second day. In the morning, tired and sore from the flight the days before, I was awakened by the blaring of our alarm clock. I volunteered to go with grandma to buy pastries for breakfast. When Grandma and I returned, Isabella was already up and … wait for it … wait for it … watching TV. We all sat down to have breakfast. Afterward,  Grandma, Isabella and I went to the park to go to the playground. Turns out, our favorite swing broke, so we decided to go and check on dad, who by the way was in Caffeine (a coffee shop). We were heading to lunch, so Dad asked us to bring him a Kibinai, which we were having for lunch.We did.

Soon after, though, grandma got tired so we all, except for Dad, went home, Grandma read, Isabella watched movies, I did both and Grandpa slept. After a while, we got bored and we went to my great-grandma’s house. There we did the usual petted her cats, played, talked. Later grandma left to meet with her friend and Dad came to have dinner. We went to a restaurant called Belmontas. We wanted to go to a fish restaurant, but they didn’t allow children. I wonder why.

We had a nice dinner, dropped my great-grandma off at home and now I’m writing this. So good night for now, and I’ll write tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the travel troubles but love the story. Thank you for sharing, Georgia, even though you were tired. Hope the future days are more fun. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment!