What a great day. Today Grandpa, Grandma, Isabella, and I went to a Holocaust\Jewish museum near our apartment. First, there was a temporary exhibit on March 1968, when Jews in Poland were forced to leave Poland. It started with marches and protests from students. Then, Jews were forced to leave. You could even listen to the stories of Jews who escaped. After that we went to the permanent exhibition, which showed the plight of Jews, starting with the Medieval Times. Turn out, there was even a Jewish queen of Poland.
When we got to World War II, it was all really sad. They showed a list of all the ghettos in Poland. I didn’t count how many there were, but it sure seemed more than a hundred. It could be informative, but we breezed through it since we were too sad to look.
After the museum, we went to an exercising station, where Grandma and Grandpa met an old Polish woman who told them where a good place to eat was. We went to that place. The service was so-so, but the food was really good. I had a burger called burger Jaga the Witch. The server said, it’s gonna be a little spicy. I told her, I can handle that. Unfortunately, adult don’t remember that kids have more sensitive taste buds. As she only brought me a tiny glass of water, I had to change with Grandpa so my taste buds wouldn’t flat out die. While we waited for our food, I brought Grandma a “Inside Warsaw” magazine. She saw a cafe there she wanted to go to, called Aromat.
After lunch, we went home for an hour. Later we set out for Grandma’s Aromat. It took us half an hour in the blistering, dusty heat, but we got there. I was a bit confused to see a tiny shop with about ten pastries and only one customer. Grandma got two almond croissants for the long trip we were about to have. Oh, I forgot to tell you about the trip. We were supposed to go to Gdańsk, pick up Mom from the airport, and travel around the city with her. We rushed home to wait for Dad and pack. Later that night, we set out for Gdańsk.
The trip was long, so I spent the 2 and a half hours writing my blog that I missed (Sorry!). Later, we pulled into a crumbling neighborhood. It really looked bad until the street opened up and we saw Gdańsk’s old city. We parked, dropped our bags off at our niiiiiiiiiice apartment, and ... did nothing for the next ten minutes! But the apartment really was were basically in the attic, but it was very well made. There was a big kitchen, slanted ceiling, two huge bathrooms and two huge bedrooms, etc.. After our doing nothing (really hard work), we decided to have a late night snack and a boost of calcium. We went down the street and saw a pub. We sat down, and Dad ran to get Grandpa and Grandma from our apartment. Isabella and I ordered a cheese platter for the table, while Grandma had fish soup, Dad had ‘wings’ and Grandpa had apple crumble. The pub had a best beer in Gdańsk. It used to be a storage for goods, but was remade into a restaurant. Later, we went to our apartment. Dad went out on a stroll. And that’s how this day went down in history, July 12, 2018.
Another awesome day! Wish I was there - wait, I was! Look forward to readying about those times :)
ReplyDelete