Monday, July 23, 2018

Day 22 - July 19, 2018; Vilnius n’ Vilnius

When we woke up today, we were magically in Vilnius! Wow! Amazing! How did you do it? Aww, I always love to hear from my fans. Anyway, we had Lithuanian white cheese with raspberry jam for breakfast. After breakfast, we drove over to Great-Grandma Lilia’s house. She met us with open arms and smelly cats. We brought her a cute towel, a teacup with cats on it, a reusable table cover, and a lot of sweets. She really has a sweet tooth. I went outside and saw a cat sneak up on a bird and try to eat it. Then I studied a snail named Mika. It was really cool! Soon enough, Oleg, one of Grandma’s friends, came to give Grandpa Lithuanian SIM cards. 


He brought along black currant jam for us, made from his very own garden. He and Grandpa talked about SIM cards, while Grandma Lilia told us about one of her four cats. She said that someone had hit him really hard on his back when he was a mere kitten, so his back legs are longer than the front ones. She told us that she took him to the vet, put him into temporary sleep, took out two of his teeth, completely shaved all his hair off, disinfected him, and washed him. Now, he is still smelly. 


Later, Grandma Lilia compiled a list for Grandma, and we went to Maxima XX, the medium sized Maxima to get her items needed around the household, like munchkins. When we finished getting Grandma everything she needed, Oleg offered to get the kibinais I had longed for the whole year. I agreed, so pretty soon, we were going to Grandma’s house with a bag full of steaming, savory kibinais. After lunch, Oleg drove us home. Soon, Grandpa went to sleep, so Grandma, Isabella and I went to the old city for a walk. 


Last year, there was a hotel they were building for a long time. This year, we finally got to see their masterpiece. It was a modern/old looking house, perfectly fitting in with Vilnius’s other structures. We went on our favorite roads, then rushed back home, because Grandpa would start worrying if we weren’t back soon. Later, Dad came back to the apartment. He took us on a walk to Grandma Lilia’s house. We got caught in a horrible thunder storm, so we had to wait it out under a bridge. Grandma was very excited to see us. She kissed Dad and kept asking him if he was hungry. Then, the half bald cat Karlusha tried to sit on Dad’s lap.


Then, we walked back and had dessert in Krustum, one of my favorite pastry places in Vilnius. After dessert, we walked back home where I diligently wrote my blog and went to sleep. And that’s how this day went down in history, July 19, 2018.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Love this story! I can imagine it so clearly!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment!