Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Day Four: Many Interesting Experiences

 Hello again! Today is 6/21/22. Our current location is London, England.

Today started with us waking up at 6:30 to go to work. Papa and Mama left first while I was packing, Georgia and I left five minutes later. Mama and Papa forgot the outlet, so we went back to get it. After staying in the café for two hours Georgia got cold, and we went to go work at home. Then we left and met up with Mama to buy shampoos and flosses. After that we went home again, we met up with Papa to go to an eccentric restaurant. The restaurant was called Archipelago and I need a whole new paragraph to write about it.


We walk in and the the the waiter was very rude. To cut to the chase, but please read the whole paragraph, the food was disgusting. There was hardly any vegan food. I am not going to eat a kangaroo! I was afraid of eating bugs and only drank Coke. Papa got boring chicken. Mama was chicken that tasted like mystery fish. Yum! Georgia’s crickets had no taste, had a horrible texture, and were too salty. Basically, the only edible thing was the bland shrimp. Besides the food, the waiter also asked us to put our coffee on the ground for “ambiance,” we were the only customers!! In the end, he gave himself a gratuity and pushed us for a tip too. We left feeling nauseated, dismayed that we lost a perfect opportunity for an interesting lunch and that we got so excited. (Not Papa or me only Georgia and Mama). 

After the biggest disgrace I ever saw in my life, we left. Papa went to go work. Mama, Georgia, and I went to Camden market. At first, I was nervous. The neighborhood on the way there was very edgy. We stopped at a café and washed out the gross taste left in our mouths.

When we came to the market it was less scary. We were not the only tourists. The market was very cool! The only problem was that people kept trying to give us samples. If you eat a sample you have to buy the food. We ran out of the food area and into the clothing area. We stopped at a vintage clothing shopped and Georgia got a couple cute outfits. I got a flower clip.

By then it was the end of the day. We called Papa and he came and walked around with us and we showed him everything. 

When we left, we went to go walk around the canal near the zoo. It is very close to a Queen Mary's Rose Garden, so we went there. Georgia and I walked around and looked at roses while Papa and Mama sat down to read.

By then it was time to eat, again!

Due to our overcomplicated lunch, we settled for simple pizza. The pizza was in a fancy neighborhood called Marylebone and it was fun to walk around.

After the really good pizza, we started to go home. The walk home was along the path we took the day before, so it was long. I was still very pretty.

On the way there we stopped at on late café for a final snookum. It was a fancy French café. I got a strawberry mousse and mama and Papa got chocolaty delights. We left and vowed to stay on the journey this time, not to be distracted by temptation of pastries and goodness.

Mama had a call, so we walked home without her. We stayed for a couple minutes and there left to go on yet another walk. Then walk for short for no one was outside so it was not too busy. We got home and we to sleep vary of the chances of bad food tomorrow. 


5 comments:

  1. It was fun to experience the "hardships" of the Archipelago restaurant together. Well less so for Georgia, whose crickets wanted to liberate themselves after the fact. And that given that she can eat anything. Really impressed with Camden Market - it's been expanded with some awesome areas around the stables and more things are under construction there. And yes, Isabella, love your posts! Amazing to see see things from your perspective. We should probably lay off sweets a bit (as I am writing this, it is too late for me for today). Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ты так талантливо описала еду что у меня пропал аппетит L

      Delete
  2. Z это дед Зорий а бабушка Луиза L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Заколка прелесть очень нравиться целую L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a pretty clip! Was G really going to eat crickets? Did u read other reviews from that bad restaurant, curious if its bizarre for others too. Hope i get to see cute vintage outfits in other posts!

    ReplyDelete

If you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment!