Saturday, August 6, 2022

Vilnius, August 1 & 2

 Hello! Today is 8/1/22. 

Today started when I was awoken by a sleepy Georgia to tell me to turn my alarm clock off. I turned it off promptly and went back to sleep. I woke up a few minutes later and worked on extra homework. When Georgia woke up we went to Caffeine. We picked up money from Papa. We crossed the street to get to Holy Donut to get a smoothie bowl. We went back to Caffeine and went to work. 

At lunch we went to a Mediterranean restaurant in a food court on one of the main streets, Gedimina 7. The mall was huge but as the mall business is dying - it was far emptier than our last time going there. We finished our food while watching dirt biking videos and headed out. Mama, Georgia, and I took a Bolt to a bigger shopping mall and spent a bit of time there. We got Pappa new sneakers and Mama some shirts. We stayed there for a while because a mall is fun at first but tiring within twenty minutes.

At home Mama and Georgia had a call with Mark and Mira about Georgia's college essay so I waited for them. Then we went to find  a restaurant for dinner. It was on a different part of the town from where our usual restaurant are. The cuisine was German. The food was average. The servers ignored us when we came in and sat laughing at the bar. We were the only customers there. After dinner walked around some more then went home to sleep. 

See you soon!!


  

  Hello! Today is 8/2/22. 

   

Today we started off the morning similarly to all our other days here. I woke up late and Geo had to tell me to turn off my alarm clock. I overslept and woke up later. I still stayed in the house and waited for Georgia to wake up. We went to the café to work. At around 9 Babushka came in and asked if we wanted to go to the bazaar. We were busy so I promised I could go soon. 


When we finished working for the morning we went to a fancy (fast food) café on Sitkliau gatve to eat lunch. The food there is always great and we had an amazing lunch. Then Georgia, mom, & I went home and papa left us to go work.


Before going out for our walk I went to go take out the trash through the back door of our building. I left the door open to make sure that I can get into the building after. Incidentally I forgot my phone at home. Outside an old man, with no shirt and a large scar running through his torso watched me through a window as I threw out the trash bag. I ran home only to find a locked door of our apartment. (Mom: Spoiler: Georgia & mom already left the apartment and the building through the front door of the building but Isabella did not know it yet).


Impossible scenarios ran through my mind. I had to keep a clear head so I sat down on the stairs. Inside I could hear my phone ringing again and again - unanswered call of mama and Geo, They did not find me near the back of the building or the front and were freaking out because they could not get me to pick up the phone. They also saw the creepy man who lives across our stairwell and then saw a man from the third floor who also decided to go topless so they had their impossible scenarios running through their heads.


Finally I heard someone open the door downstairs. I looked through the window and saw mama. Georgia was walking up the stairs, she found me and we were all reunited. 


After that fun time we headed to the Hill of Three Crosses. The walk up was horrible. I lost my breath sooooo many times because it was hot and steep. Some woman going down said loudly “that looks hard” to her husband/boyfriend/brother/friend. When we made it we took some pictures of the view then headed down to find a café to recover. We ate some cake and met up with Papa. Mama had a call but when she was done we met up with Babushka.


Then we walked to Babushka Lila’s old house. Her neighborhood has changed a lot. I was sad but good. Then we went to her friend Nina. We stayed for a few minutes then left. Georgia and I waited for mama and papa on a nearby playground. After that we went to a barbeque place, SMOKE by Chef the Viking. The food was great but the wait was very long. It was so long that I could claim that we were forgotten. We went home and went to sleep.


See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment!