Monday, August 1, 2022

Saying Goodbye to the Fishteyns

Today is 7/31/22.

I woke up regretting that I didn’t say a longer  goodbye to Anya. We woke up, got coffee and then took a CityBee car to Kaunas. When we were last there it was still being fixed and rebuilt. This time it was done but it was completely different. Beautiful clean streets. However all of the stores other than a few bakeries there were closed. We walked around for a while looking for the places that were open and then drove out.

Our new CitiBee card smelled awful. We stopped at a market but that was just as bad. Old stuff, abandoned toys, dirty plates, and smelly shoes. We grabbed the 3rd card and went home. We might return to Kaunas another time but for now it has to improve a bit.

When we got back to Vilnius we found a brunch place called Gaspars. It was very fancy but the portions were good and the taste was impeccable. That is something we would return to. Absolutely amazing. Next to us were two young Lithuanian ladies who "had a lot of work done." They sat their comparing their looks and before and after pictures and added to the entertainment.

We went home to get rain jackets and then walked to a supermarket to buy groceries and necessities. 

We walked home and Georgia and I stayed home. She had a call and I was tired. We went out a bit later and it was pouring. I used a jacket that Anya left. It is a really non-rain proof rain jacket. I was drenched in seconds.

We got to a restaurant called the Dock. It was the same restaurant we were just arrived to Vilnius. We really liked it and started to miss everyone who was with us this summer.

The food was delicious and we were a bit warmer. My jacket was still wet so Papa gave me his sweater. We took a Bolt to the Lazutki's place. We stayed there for a bit and said goodbye to the other Fishteyns. We walked home and went to sleep.

See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment!